Tuesday, October 9, 2012 (Pre-Conference)
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
VIP Cocktail Reception for Speakers and Special Guests Only
Super Secret Location — Must Receive Invite or Purchase VIP Ticket
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 (Conference)
8:00 AM – Exhibit Hall
Registration, Networking Breakfast & Exhibit Hall Opens
8:45 AM – General Session
- Sandy Hussain, Executive Producer, Fashion Digital New York
9:00 AM – General Session
Opening Address: Apparel E-Tailing Trends
Bob Schwartz serves as President, overseeing revenue and demand generation, brand marketing, and support. His track record of building successful Internet companies and brands includes luxury, fashion, shoes, paid content, interface, and personal computers, generating over $1 billion in eCommerce revenue annually. Bob also founded and remains Managing Partner of SchwartzGroup, a strategic advisory firm focused on Internet commerce for fashion, retail, consumer brands, and media. His experience includes: CEO of Portero.com, President at Vivre, and Founder and GM of NORDSTROM.com.
9:30 AM – General Session
Morning Keynote Address: Reinventing Apparel Retail
Greg Selkoe is the Founder and CEO of Karmaloop.com, one of the world’s largest and most-respected online retailers of “streetwear”. Greg founded Karmaloop at the age of 25. Under Selkoe’s leadership Karmaloop.com has experienced consistent and, more recently, explosive growth on its way to becoming a hugely successful, multi-platform e-commerce site, lifestyle network and a global epicenter for “Verge Culture”. Karmaloop.com reported 2011 revenues of $130 million, showing 81% growth over 2010’s impressive mark of $72 million.
10:00 AM – General Session
Content Driven Commerce: Innovative Ways to Integrate Story-Telling into Retailing
The convergence of fashion content and commerce demands an evolution of traditional retailer and publisher business models. It has forged unique partnerships and made way for a flurry of new technology businesses. From shoppable magazines, blogger curated products, creative video campaigns and user generated content, the rise of social media and technology have given retailers an unique opportunity to tell the story behind their brands across multiple channels (online, in-store and mobile).
- Karen Moon, Co-Founder & CEO, StyleMusée
- Aliza Licht, Senior Vice President, Donna Karan International
- Shauna Mei, Founder & CEO, AHAlife
- Mika Onishi, Chief Operating Officer, Clique Media / WhoWhatWear
- Lauren Sherman, Executive Digital Editor, LuckyMag
- Mattias Swenson, Chief Executive Officer, Bloglovin
11:00 AM – Exhibit Hall
Networking Break with Food & Refreshments in Exhibit Hall
11:45 AM – Concurrent Session
Digital Marketing Strategies for Apparel Retailers: Affiliated, SEO, PPC, and more
Affiliated marketing is growing quickly as publishers discover how to insert themselves between retailers and their customers, but what are the best methods, terms, and relationships to develop for both retailers and publishers? Further, how do these compare with other digital marketing investments such as pay-per-click (SEM), SEO, banner advertising, etc. How can publishers maximize the value of their traffic? How can retailers minimize the cost of advertising intermediaries while maximizing sales?
- David Markovich, Chief Executive Officer, PromoteUsNow
- Katherine Crane, Advertising Director, Polyvore
- Jennifer Hyman, CEO and Co-Founder, Rent the Runway
- Kinjil Parikh, Vice President, Digital Marketing, Saks Fifth Avenue
- Justin Stefano, Founder, Refinery29
- Brian Sugar, Chief Executive Officer, Sugar Inc.
- Amber Venz, President, rewardStyle
11:45 AM – Concurrent Session
Channel Expansion: Going Mobile, Going Global, Going Mobile Globally
Selling your products overseas is not simple. There are issues such as local variation in tastes, shipping, taxes and tarrifs, and other issues to overcome. And yet it’s as easy to reach customers overseas as it is to reach the ones in the U.S. Digging deeper, we see that mobile devices are often the communication device of choice overseas, so enabling your customers to browse and order using a mobile device is key to growing your business. This panel explores the ways you can expand your business through expanding your sales channels.
- Kelly Stickel, Director, Acquity Group & Founder, Remodista
- James Edge, Partner, BorderJump
- Patti Freeman Evans, Ebusiness and Channel Strategy, Forrester Research
- Lalena Luba, Vice President, BCBG
- Chris Mason, Chief Executive Officer, Branding Brand
- Amber Pepper, Chief Marketing Officer, FarFetch
11:45 PM – Concurrent Session
Email Power Marketing Workshop: Are You Maximizing your Email Marketing Efforts?
Improving conversion of your online apparel shoppers is easier than you think. Join this workshop to learn how to improve your ROI on your email campaigns.
- Acquisition strategies including modal pop-ups, sweepstakes and welcome series
- Automated Cart Abandonment campaigns for combatting the average abandonment rate of 76%
- Automated Purchase campaigns to reinforce the customer relationship, such as purchase confirmation emails, post-purchase loyalty campaigns, post-purchase re-engagement campaigns, and post-purchase win-back campaigns.
- Customer LifeCycle Grid-an automated way to turn one time buyers into long-term customers.
- Ross Kramer, Chief Executive Officer, Listrak
12:45 PM – Concurrent Session
Social Commerce: Beyond Facebook
“We’re big on Facebook” is so 2011. Other social sites such as Pinterest are showing that Facebook is not the powerful social commerce player it would like to be. What are some of the techniques that savvy retailers are using to take advantage of the new ways that customers are discovering products? How can online retailers take advantage of “social proof” to drive sales?
- Veronika Sonsev, Chief Executive Officer, inSparq
- Katharine Brodie, Ecommerce Manager, C. Wonder
- Dave Cook, Vice President, TheFind
- Chris Morton, Chief Executive Officer, Lyst
- Serena Potter, Global Vice President, Macy’s
- Dustin Rosen, CEO and Co-Founder, Pose.com
- Daniella Yacobovsky, Co-Founder, Bauble Bar
12:45 PM – Concurrent Session
UX Business Intelligence: Getting More Sales from each Customer
Getting people to your online store is only part of a much larger battle. What you record about each customer’s behavior and what you present to your visitors can make all the difference in how much you sell and the value of each visit or customer. What are some of the best practices and newer more innovative techniques emerging today that are generating incremental revenue per visit? Attend this panel to find out.
- Brian Kalma, Chief Experience Officer, Gemvara
- Marko Bon, Director of User Experience, Brooks Brothers
- Craig Elbert, VP of Performance Marketing, Bonobos
- Mai Erne, Chief Executive Officer, Hara Partners
- Kobie Fuller, Chief Marketing Officer, Revolve Clothing
- Michael Preysman, Founder & CEO, Everlane
- Jake Stein, COO & Co-Founder, RJ Metrics
12:45 PM – Concurrent Session
Don’t Lose Sight Of The Trees For the Forest: 20 Things You Can Do to Double Revenue in the Next 6 Months
It is all too easy to become overwhelmed by the ever-growing list of must-do eCommerce initiatives: mobile apps and campaigns, augmented reality, omni-channel, social, The Next Big Thing. Sometimes, the forest becomes so thick that we lose sight of the trees. In this session, we will deliberately pull our gaze from the expanding forest of BIG eCommerce initiatives and focus instead on some individual trees within the wilderness.
Attendees to this session will learn 20 specific, measurable techniques they can employ right away in their own businesses to help double their online revenues in the next 6 months. Any business doubling its revenues every 6 months won’t be getting lost in the woods.
- Michael Harvey, Chief Operating Officer, CorraTech
1:45 PM – Exhibit Hall
2:45 PM – Concurrent Session
The Disruptors: Fashion Digital Power Panel
The fashion ecommerce market was saturated with dozens of flash-sale sites over the past few years. So much so, that one has to ask – what’s next in e-commerce? This panel explores the new models of doing business online. From Moda Operadi offering pre-order sales, Lockerz offering a new platform for social-commerce, Warby Parker disrupting the eye-wear supply chain, and Send the Trend embracing the subscription model, this panel explores revenues and strategies above and beyond the flash sale.
Join us for a powerful panel of industry leaders and experts who are shaking up how online retail gets done. This power player discussion blends the key topics of the conference into a hard-hitting debate of what works and what doesn’t in today’s online apparel commerce. This is just one of the many valuable sessions you can take part in at Fashion Digital New York on October 10.
- Vanessa Friedman, Fashion Editor, Financial Times
- David Gilboa, Founder, Warby Parker
- Divya Gugnani, Co-Founder, Send The Trend
- Stacy Igel, Founder & Creative Director, Boy Meets Girl
- Áslaug Magnúsdóttir, Co-Founder & CEO, Moda Operandi
- Dr. Nita Rollins, PhD, Futurist, Resource Interactive
- Kathy Savitt, Chief Executive Officer, Lockerz; Future CMO, Yahoo!
3:45 PM – General Session
Afternoon Keynote: Channel Conflict
Mindy Grossman is Chief Executive Officer of HSN, Inc. and a member of the company’s Board of Directors. She oversees a retail portfolio which generates more than $3.2 billion in revenue and encompasses HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer that offers a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names. Ms. Grossman has been responsible for transforming HSN into a lifestyle network, diversifying its portfolio of brands and personalities, and spearheading efforts to evolve the linear network into a multiplatform business.
Mindy will be interviewed by:
Founded in 2009 by industry expert Rony Zeidan, RO NEW YORK is an innovative studio specializing in sophisticated brand development. Known for providing exceptional service with a worldwide reach, RO NEW YORK integrates intellect and an essence of luxury to produce powerful campaigns across all platforms. Best known for the “Big Pony” launch for Ralph Lauren Fragrance, they also count brands such as Chopard, Ralph Lauren, Girard-Perregaux, Joseph Abboud, Georges Hobeika, Unilever, Madonna Truth or Dare Fragrance for Coty, Amore Pacific, Napoleon Perdis, St. Tropez, and One Hope among their esteemed clients and collaborators. Prior to founding RO NEW YORK, Zeidan was the VP Global Creative Director for Ralph Lauren Fragrances and established himself as a creative force with roles at Kraftworks, LVMH, and Donna Karan. Today, he also serves as an Editorial Contributor with the Luxury Society.
4:30 PM – Exhibit Hall